The big news this year is the introduction of the Waste (Scotland) Regulations 2012 which make a number of changes related to the collection and disposal of waste in Scotland. You need to be ready by 31 December 2013. Measures introduced by the Regulations which will affect your business include:-
• a requirement for businesses to present dry recyclables (metals, plastics, paper, card and glass) and food waste of more than 50 kg/week for collection from end of 2013, with those producing less than 50kg/week exempt until end 2015
• a ban on materials collected separately for recycling going to landfill or incineration (end 2013)
Get in touch if you would like more information.
Control Valve Solutions, an Aberdeen company that supplies, services and repairs valves primarily for the oil and gas industry, has proven its commitment to its environmental responsibilities by gaining certification to the internationally recognised ISO 14001 standard. Control Valve Solutions wanted its business operations to reach the highest possible standards, to ensure their own principles were being met and to help them stand alongside the top companies in the UK. Along with One Stop Waste, their chosen waste solutions partner, they were able to meet their objectives:
- To ensure robust and extensive environmental processes
- To meet requirements of many large players within their industry
- To demonstrate their commitment to environmental issues, in particular integrating the new Waste (Scotland) Regulations for 2012 and improving policies on the separation and collection of waste in order to reduce waste to landfill